I hope all of you continue to be safe at home. Attached please find the letter issued yesterday by our Superintendent of Catholic Schools, Dr. Diane Floyd. The decision has been made by senior leadership of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City that schools will remain in distance learning mode as we conclude the school year. What does that really mean for us at St. Philip Neri? I have outlined the plans below.
- May 4-8 Distance learning as planned (this is also Teacher Appreciation Week)
- May 11-15 Last week of new assignments
- May 18-19 Recovery for students who still need to complete or redo assignments
- May 20 Middle school appointments to clean out lockers and return books; drive by drop-off textbooks for 2nd through 5th grade; drive by pick up of report cards
- May 21 Facebook Live Awards Assembly at 10 am; families drive by at 3 pm to wave goodbye to teachers
We are still committed to a graduation ceremony and awards for the 8th grade. Details of that will follow after Archbishop Coakley determines it is safe to hold public Masses again. His decision should be coming next week.
“Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; He will never fail you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
Blessed Stanley Rother, pray for us.
St. Michael the Archangel, protect us.
St. Philip Neri, pray for us.
Brenda K. Tener, M.Ed.
Class of ’71Continuation-of-Distance-Learning-for-Remainder-of-19-20SY-Letter-from-Superintendent-4-29-20