After seven years, a school was opened on September 20, 1954 under the supervision of the Felician Sisters. Three Felician Sisters and two lay teachers staffed the school of 223 students. The newly constructed building contained five classrooms, an office, a library and an auditorium. During 1954-1962, enrollment fluctuated but continued to increase annually. In 1962, an addition to the school took place, which housed the cafeteria, classrooms, a new library and offices.
Each year new programs are developed to meet the needs of our students and parents. Before and after school care is provided for working parents. A middle school concept was adopted in 1996 for our sixth, seventh, and eighth grades which offers a “house system” and electives during the school day. As an enrichment program, many types of clubs are offered after school such as chess, service and science club.
We take great pride in seeing our students develop into fine Christians and a part of the Catholic community of faith. We look forward to continued support from our Catholic community and our parents, teachers and students. Working together for children has made our school successful. Our school serves approximately 30% non-Catholic students with 70% of Catholic students coming from the parishes of St. Philip Neri, Midwest City; St. Andrew, Moore; St Paul the Apostle, Del City; and St. Teresa, Harrah.
St. Philip Neri Catholic School is an accredited school through the Oklahoma Conference of Catholic Schools Accrediting Association(OCCSAA). The school received its current full accreditation status in 2013. The accreditation status is effective through 2020. OCCSAA is recognized as a valid accrediting association through the Oklahoma Private Schools Accreditation Council (OPSAC) which is in turn recognized by the Oklahoma State Department of Education.